RICS – CPD
This is the first year the RICS are requesting that all members log their CPD through the RICS online portal. Whilst I know all members try to keep up with recording their CPD obligations, occasionally some struggle due to time constraints and billing pressures. For some, logging their CPD has not been a priority and the RICS appear to many to have taken a laissez faire approach to monitoring members.
I also know that this view is ill judged. A surveyor I know well had his records called in last year and they were not gentle with him.
So here’s a refresher on what your obligations are and some useful links to help you fulfil those obligations.
RICS CPD - What you need to know
- 20 hours of CPD minimum
- Of which 10 hours must be formal structured learning
- Within a calendar year, starting 1st January to the 31st December.
- All activities to be recorded on-line
- Learning must be relevant to your specialism
- An update on professional ethics at least once every 3 years (from 1st January 2103)
RICS CPD -Deadlines and penalties
- Late CPD submissions may be subject to a fixed penalty of £150
- Extensions beyond the submission deadline will only be granted in exceptional circumstances
Find some Free RICS CPD Resources here.